Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Craft

Okay folks, here it is... the extent of my craftiness. I don't sew, I don't paint, so I bake and decorate. I planned on doing a lot more gingerbread things ( a house, a tree...) but this dang train took waaaay to long as it was. I baked and frosted, Mitch helped assemble, and the kids placed the candies. And tonight (Jan. 2) it will be destroyed... sigh!

Full view of the train... complete with licorice track!
The Engine- the cattle plow was my idea!
The Coal Car- filled with "coal"


The Lumber Car- covered in snow


The Caboose- complete with ticket man


Okay so it's not my finest decorating, but it was a fun- filled family activity and that's what counts! Bon' Appetite!

7 comments:

Amber said...

That's an awesome train. I don't know how you found the time to do that with FOUR little kids running around. You are super mom!

kjjaco5 said...

OH MY HECK! I think that is WAY to much work! BUT SOOOOO CUTE!

Toni said...

Seriously, who is the amazing crafty one? That is so cute. We got ours out of a box, lame. So much work, but worth it. Oh, and I got Teenie's sweater @ old navy

Miranda said...

You are so good and it's looks so delicious! Is it hard to put all that work into then have it eaten, I guess that is what pictures are for and blogs so you can remember!

Natalie said...

Very impressive! It sure looked like a lot of work and you had to toss it....oh well. It was "quality" time together right?

Lacey said...

When I saw this train on New Years Day, i thought, CARLIE IS THE COOLEST MOM EVER!! I still think that!!

Cynthia Johnson said...

talent and then some...love it!