Monday, December 8, 2008

Time Flies!

Where on earth does the time go?! It can't be the (almost) middle of December already can it? That came way too fast and I'm just not ready for Christmas!
It seems that ever since Thanksgiving, life has just been a huge whirlwind for me. We went to IF for Thanksgiving and had lots of fun with family doing what our family does best... making fabulous food and we even had a day of candymaking for what was meant to be for all the girls- but somehow we only ended up with me, my mom and my sis Katie. But we had fun and got lots of Christmas candy made.
At the end of the week, we went to Mitch's moms house and played games and visited. Mitch got carried away wrestling with his younger brother and cracked a rib... not fun! Especially since he came down with Bronchitis- that doesn't feel to swell on the rib! He has a nasty sounding cough and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, even with antibiotics- so keep him in your prayers please!
I have been up to my earballs in Enrichment- planning our RS Christmas dinner is tomorrow (the 9th) and I am in charge of the program this year. Talk about stress! If I hadn't dyed my hair on Saturday, I'm sure I'd have a full head of white hair! But... just because I felt like I finally had a grip on my calling (it's only taken me two years! :0) the bishop decided to go and switch my calling! I am now the Primary Secretary... yikes! I've never done anything like that before! I hope the Lord will bless me to do well and who knows... maybe this will help me become a bit more organized! Anyway, that's a run down of my life the past week or two. The kids are doing well- Creed is starting baby food and loving it! He especially loved the french fry that Aunt Joni slipped him (sigh!)
Well if I don't get around to sending Christmas cards, I apologize to you all! I love you and wish you the Merriest Christmas and a wonderful new year too. I'm not saying I won't send one, I just don't know if I'll get around to it, but I'll try!

8 comments:

Nichelle said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! It is too bad that Mitch is sick. I hope he gets feeling better soon! I am not quite ready for Christmas either. I still have a few things to get and lots of wrapping to do. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Natalie said...

Yikes, a cracked rib...ouch!!
Primary secretary...awesome!! You will do great, I love my secretary. If I remember you always did have good handwriting so this is right up your alley.

Miranda said...

Time is flying! How is your cracked rib patient? I am in Primary and feel totally overwhelmed daily so I know how you feel. We never got together around Thanksgiving darn-it.

Heather said...

hey my nieces reception is in Nampa saturday night at the north stake center. If you live nearby and want to peak in and say hello we would love to see you. I think the reception is from 7-8:30.

Heather said...

hey my nieces reception is in Nampa saturday night at the north stake center. If you live nearby and want to peak in and say hello we would love to see you. I think the reception is from 7-8:30.

Tiffany Downs said...

Hey Carlie, this is Tiffany Riggs Downs. I'm blog stalking you from Janeal, she told me you had a blog and I had to check it out. It looks like you have a great family! I would love to hear from you. My email is tacdowns@yahoo.com .

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tama said...

Hey Carlie,
How did it go with the puppy for Christmas? Hope all is well with you guys. Could you send me the website for those cute little baby hats? My sister-in-law wants to see them! Thanks so much! See you next week!